Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I haven't come up with any life altering resolutions this year, but I would like to try to write in Jake's diary more frequently. I messed up Jake's baby book when I started it way back when, and gave up pretty quickly. Instead, I started a diary for him, thinking I could always go back and enter the facts at a later date. In the beginning, I would record when he ate, slept, when, how much, how tall, how heavy, etc. But as he grew, so did our adventures, and the entries became more detailed. Now I jot down the fun things we've done, and the cute things he says, etc. I just ordered Jake's diary for the new year. I don't get to it every day...and I wish I could and would, but I've got a lot of his life recorded, and I'm grateful that I have. I think someday he's going to love looking back on his early years (or at least his wife will!). I also record mom advice for future years and keep little mementos throughout the year. What prevents me from writing sometimes is actually a LACK of space. When I get going, I find I have a lot to say. This year, after much searching, I ordered this Cavallini daily planner from Jenni Bick Bookbinding. I splurged, and got his name embossed on the front, and I let him chose the color, so of course, it will be pink this year!



So, how about you? Any great resolutions this year? If you need some inspiration, check out Marc and Angel Hack Life. Or, if you'd like an inspiring love story, read about Mara and Danny's adventures...you'll probably read the whole thing. And, if you'd like to declutter your life, take on the Clutterfat Challenge and see what happens!

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

No comments: