Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Yes, we'd like more sugar please



As a parent, does it ever drive you nuts that someone is always passing out candy and some form of sugar to your kids? After a much sugar-filled few days, I'm beginning to really resent the tasty stuff. Do I really want a very visible box of TEN CHOCOLATES from someone's birthday to come home with us from pre-school so I can listen to a fuss fest half way home about why we're not eating the whole thing? Or that I really don't think Jake needs the frosted donut AND the munchkins at the same time? Or that I can't get through the check-out line without him grabbing half the goodies (and let me tell you, if anything rips open in the struggle, we're not buying it, it's the store's fault!) Or why I don't want the bag full of candy as a goody bag after LOTS of treats at the party.

Honestly, I love candy, and think it's one of the best things about being an adult because you can have it whenever you want. BUT, there is also some common sense that comes with all that adulthood, and I can actually stop after a certain point.

Am I being an uptight mom, or do you resent all the sugar offerings a little too?

It you want to order these tempting prints, stop by boopsiedaisy.

1 comment:

Minnie said...

Hi Heather,

I completely agree with you. I don't know why we've turned every holiday into a candyfest for the kids. Honestly, a good 95 to 98 percent of whatever candy we get at holidays/parties ends up in the trash. It is simply too much or candies that are all sugar. So yes, I really like your Valentine's Day treats. Those would've definitely been eaten at our house!