Sunday, June 10, 2012

What summer looks like...

It's almost time for summer...and I don't quite feel ready! Perhaps it's that most days in NY have been half rainy lately, or perhaps it's been because Jake has been sick for many days (poor little guy), so we've been hunkered down inside for awhile. But, as it's my favorite time of year, I'm attempting to kick start the feeling, and (probably too late in the season), planted about a gajillion flowers in the past week in between Jake's bouts of lying on the couch.

The above photo is of ME on the left...looking grumpy (and much like Jake when HE'S grumpy), and my (identical) twin sister Martha on the right. I really love some old photos I have of Martha because they show such attitude. She rocks. We were about the same age that Jake is now (4) when the photos were taken. About a million years ago.

So, where will I be hanging out this summer? Some of my favorite haunts on Cape Cod...


There's Arnolds, on Rt. 6 in Eastham. Really the best fried clams, and clam chowder ever. But, the sprinkles on the soft chocolate cones are lacking, so I suggest you head up to...



Mac's on the Pier. You'll probably want to have 2 ice cream cones, because they're just that good. Jake chose hard chocolate but that's because he's little and doesn't know any better. He'll learn.

Mac's Shack is really good too...


The idea of all these great treats is definitely helping the summer mood! Now, I'll have to sign off and have some sugary juice...

No comments: